Fun times with teh friends ~da ghosty ghost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fun times with teh friends ~da ghosty ghost

Friends are welcomed...for dinner <3 ~da ghosty ghost

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shakugan No Shana

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dragonfly09
dragonfly09

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Character sheet
Name:: Azure

Shakugan No Shana Empty
PostSubject: Shakugan No Shana   Shakugan No Shana Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 7:35 pm

My #1 anime of all time. Shakugan No Shana is another show with a great variety of themes. Action, fantasy/sci-fi , and some romantic intrigue. Well, maybe not THAT large of a variety. But it appeals to both Shounen and Shojo lovers. I'm adding a link to wiki and a scene from the first ep. Tell me what you think!

Quote :
...Centering around Yuji Sakai, an ordinary Japanese high school boy who inadvertently becomes involved in a perpetual war between forces of balance and imbalance in existence. In the process, he befriends the title character: a fighter for the balancing force, whom he takes to calling "Shana". The series incorporates science fiction, fantasy, and slice-of-life "school days" elements into its tale.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakugan_no_Shana

Back to top Go down
http://dragcave.net/user/daydreamer09
Havoc

Havoc

Number of posts : 125

Character sheet
Name:: Drake

Shakugan No Shana Empty
PostSubject: hmmm   Shakugan No Shana Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:46 am

i skimmed through the wiki, seems interesting, is the anime in english?

is it a really dark anime? near the bottom of the wiki, some guy said that the first few episodes were really "morbid"... lol not that i have a problem with dark animes.... full metal alchemist was pretty dark... and a lot of the other animes ive seen come to think of it o.O

and by sci-fi... how sci-fi?i like sci-fi XD

i dont know if it can beat Rurouni Kenshin though XD

the day that i find a anime that can beat Rurouni kenshin and Full metal alchemist is going to be... a great day! lol! that would be one heck of a anime to beat both!
santa
Back to top Go down
dragonfly09
dragonfly09

Character sheet

Shakugan No Shana Empty
PostSubject: Re: hmmm   Shakugan No Shana Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:03 pm

All the episodes are in japanese, but there are a ton of subbed versions on youtube.

I wouldn't really call the anime dark or morbid. It's been a while since I watched it, so I can't exactly remember if it's dark at the beginning. There are a few times where there is some gore, but it doesn't ever go overboard with it.

The sci-fi elements go with the theme that there's something hidden about the world that the average person doesn't know about. Shana is one of the champions for balance in the world and her job is to fight and destroy creatures that cause an inbalance by eating human souls. At the end of every battle "torches" are created to temporarily fill the positions of the lost souls. These torches slowly die and disappear without anyone ever recalling anything about the person. The main character, Yugi is one of these...

Rurouni and FMA are both animes that I haven't really seen much of, so I can't really rate Shakugan no shana better or worse. I think its pretty high up on the awesomness scale though.:D
Back to top Go down
Havoc

Havoc

Character sheet

Shakugan No Shana Empty
PostSubject: torches?   Shakugan No Shana Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 2:44 pm

so they light torches to help people forget about the lost?
Back to top Go down
dragonfly09
dragonfly09

Character sheet

Shakugan No Shana Empty
PostSubject: Re: torches?   Shakugan No Shana Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:31 am

It's more of a metaphorical name. They're not really torches that you can touch, but bits of energy that substitutes temporarily for the dead person until they are forgotten.

Stop asking me these questions! If you want to know all these things just watch the anime!Dx
It goes over this very topic at the very beginning...
Back to top Go down
DragonCross
Admin
DragonCross

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Character sheet
Name:: DragonCross

Shakugan No Shana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shakugan No Shana   Shakugan No Shana Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:33 pm

Lol, this really sounds weirrd...
Back to top Go down
https://textbasedrpg.rpg-board.net
Havoc

Havoc

Character sheet

Shakugan No Shana Empty
PostSubject: cool!   Shakugan No Shana Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 12:57 am

looks interesting!i like the main theme!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shakugan No Shana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shakugan No Shana   Shakugan No Shana Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shakugan No Shana
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fun times with teh friends ~da ghosty ghost :: TVShows/Anime-
Jump to: